We’re MashUp Machine— an innovative media startup that’s changing storytelling and entertainment. We’re helmed by award-winning veterans of the visual effects and gaming industries and we’re looking for a Backend/Full-Stack Developer with vanguard skills, contagious creative energy and extraordinary vision to join our team.
Where: Vancouver, BC
When: As soon as we connect with the right person
Salary: Competitive and commensurate with experience, plus benefits
Work together with a team of multidisciplinary software developers to define, integrate, implement and support a Python and web-socket-based, compute intensive, multi-threaded system to scalably back-end our our web-based application, integrating with our HTML5 and WebGL based front-end.
Implement scalable client and server solutions, including framework for hosting back-end machine-learning processes across a cloud-based mesh.
Help to define and implement a robust and maintainable stack.
- Computer Science degree and 3 years+ of Web and python experience.
- Proven experience with scalable web technologies and python as a backend, in particular, GUnicorn, Celery, websockets and related.
- Proven experience with compute heavy backend processes, e.g. mesh-based computing.
- Experience with Mongo and Redis.
- Linux/Unix experience.
- Cloud experience, eg. Openstack/Cloud Foundry/Docker/Softlayer.
- Experience with build systems and deployment of VMs.
- Experience with version control systems (Git, SVN, SourceSafe, Perforce, etc.)
- A sincere willingness to go above and beyond.
- The capacity to be a team player.
Bonus Points For:
- Responsive Web Design experience
- Prior experience with Machine Learning infrastructure (e.g. Theano, GP-GPU on cloud, etc)
Our Dream Candidate is also:
- Familiar with Agile software development process, SCRUM
- Familiar with secure coding practices, OWASP
If this sounds like you and your background, we want to know you.
Please send a friendly introductory email, your remarkable résumé, and links to any relevant/epic work to Ben Cole at Jobs@mashupmachine.io
MashUp Machine (www.mashupmachine.io