We’re MashUp Machine— an innovative media startup that’s changing storytelling and entertainment. We’re helmed by award-winning veterans of the visual effects and gaming industries and we’re looking for a Lead Developer with vanguard skills, contagious creative energy and extraordinary vision to join our team.
Where: Vancouver, BC
When: As soon as we connect with the right person
Salary: Competitive and commensurate with experience, plus benefits
- Collaborate with writing, design, animation and other development teams to architect and develop tools, back-end, and front-end systems for a highly-dynamic and easy to use web-based 3d animation application.
- define, integrate and implement APIs and system components.
- Computer Science degree and 10 years+ of VFX or game industry experience
- Familiarity with 2d and 3d computer graphics
- Knowledge of digital asset management and data pipelines
- Experience of system design and API design
- A sincere willingness to go above and beyond
- The capacity to be Team Player
- Extraordinary written, verbal, and communication skills
- Excellent C++, Python and OOP skills
- Experience with version control systems (Git, SVN, SourceSafe, Perforce, etc.)
Bonus Points For:
- Knowledge of computer optimization techniques, including acceleration structures
- Familiarity with mathematical programming and data-structures
- Experience engineering multi-component tool-chains, including 3rd party integration
- Animation and simulation systems development experience
- Familiarity with design patterns and software architecture
Our Dream Candidate is also:
- Familiar with Agile software development process, SCRUM
- Experience developing multi-user applications for cloud architectures
If this sounds like you and your background, we want to know you.
Please send a friendly introductory email, your remarkable résumé, and links to any relevant/epic work to Ben Cole at Jobs@mashupmachine.io
MashUp Machine (www.mashupmachine.io)